A view of Monkey from behind. You can see the head on the left and the vertebrae shooting to the right. I was a bit alarmed by the twisted spine, but it seems Monkey is quite the mover and shaker and was doing some form of "The Twist" in utero.
Here's a pic of our little Skeletor darling waving. You can see their hand up along the side of their head towards the top of the pic. Seems that Monkey keeps their hands up by their head alot. Maybe drowning out daddy's singing?
We also got to see the little beating heart, the full bladder (Monkey's, not mine...although the tech did show me my full bladder near the end of the scan...which made me want to wet myself even more), toes, fingers and we watched in amazement as Monkey darted around, swinging arms and legs. Must like to shake their booty like Tre does! ;) It was pretty cool!
I'm continuing to feel good. I still don't have a ton of energy, which I blame on my long and stressful days at work, but I'm usually able to stay awake till at least 10pm, which is an improvement from my nights of falling asleep at 7:30-8pm.
I've also started getting a belly. I was convinced for awhile that I wasn't really pregnant and that everyone was just lying to me. But my little belly started popping out just this week. The jeans that fit completely last week are a bit snug this week (but still wearable thanks to hair rubberbands that I don't have enough hair to use). I think next week I'll have to graduate to elastic waisted items or maybe just buck up and wear the Bellyband...which I find uncomfortable and quite exposing since I never seem to be able to keep the little band around my hips thus the barn door is perpetually open! HORRORS!
Basically, nothing is fitting well these days. In a week's time, I've gone from having a scant but still usable wardrobe, to having a frighteningly scarce amount of acceptable attire. So, this weekend was quasi spent maternity clothes shopping. And if you know me, you know that shopping is just NOT my thing. I dislike the whole process quite a bit, thus the reason I'm really not such a fashion plate. Despite my reluctance to shop, it's a necessity so I've started by hitting the maternity resale shops here in Portland, of which there are quite a few! I hate shopping but if I feel I can get a good deal, it takes some of the ache away.
I'm trying to find things that will work ok now, but will also be somewhat usable when I'm the size of a small country, closer to my due date in the summer. Dresses seem to be a good option for that and I've already picked up three! I'm not really a dress-wearing girl, but they really appeal to me right now. Probably has something to do with the ample fabric and tent-like coverage they provide! Viva la dresses!
So, that's a Monkey update. Due date is still predicted for July 19th which means I'm just over 18 weeks now. It's hard to believe I'm already about 1/2 way through this whole process! Can this be?
1 comments:
So, so, so exciting! I can't believe it was exactly a year ago when we were going through all this. Time really flies... Take lots of pictures of that belly.
Post a Comment