
So, I have officially been graduated/paroled from nursing school exactly four months today. FOUR MONTHS! And while I have been enjoying a much needed respite, it is definitely time I joined the workforce. Believe me, I would love to continue to languish about reading novel after novel, waking up at 10 in the morning (ok, 11:30 in the morning), and drinking copious amounts of coffee with the friends I neglected while I learned how to change a bed with a 300 lb human slumbering in it...BUT...as they say, "all good things must come to an end".
And so, it's time for me to get a J-O-B!
In between reading my novels, doing crosswords and sucking down Americanos, I have been doing 'constructive' things like filling out application after application for nursing jobs. The whole process is uber annoying...the cover letters, the resumes, the "special" application for EACH and EVERY employer, the interviews, the callbacks and the waiting, waiting, waiting! Now, I have the patience of a chopping block so all this waiting really makes me crazy in the head!
Anyway, tomorrow I have another interview and have spent the evening:
1) Printing out copies of my resume
2) Rehearsing answers to questions I could potentially be asked
3) Reviewing the mission statement/job description of the establishment I am interviewing for
4) Practicing how to walk in heels (tomorrow will mark the 6th time I have worn heels in my life)
5) Choosing my interview attire and de-doghairing it
6) Executing a 1 hour 'dry run' of my make-up application (I missed that part of puberty!?!)
7) Applying a pore-minimizing clay mud mask followed by a gentle astringent
8) Trying to keep myself from getting really geeked out about everything!
That said, I need to get to bed...I have an EARLY alarm set (9AM!!!) to prep for my big day and I have at least one more chapter to read in my novel and a couple crosswords that are begging to be solved...ah, the pressure?!?
Field Notes: Strangers on a Train
4 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment