21 March 2011

Spring!

We spent the first few hours of Spring on a family walk in one of Portland's oldest city parks, Laurelhurst Park. We spiced up our stroll with a little geocaching along the way. Lelia started out on Tre's back in the backpack but quickly made it known she would rather walk run through the park. We made all 4 geocache finds, got a little wet and muddy and had an amazingly wonderful time! Some pics of our fun...

some love from long ago carved into a tree trunk
Papa and Lelia
looking...
looking...
found it!!
the camo cache





5 comments:

Jo B. said...

It just goes to show you that you can have family fun without spending lots of money. What wonderful memories you are building! What a beautiful family you have, Carrie!

Unknown said...

CL--what kind of photo enhancing did you use? it is hipstamatic (did I even type that correctly?)?

Unknown said...

And also? LOVE IT! -Jen T.

nelly said...

looks like loads of fun! something we haven't tried yet!

Carrie Leigh said...

Jo - We are having lots of fun and we can't wait for the weather to improve so we can enjoy some longer days outside! And thanks for the compliments on our family...you're very sweet considering you've got some REALLY handsome/gorgeous grandkids yourself!

Jen - It IS hipstamatic from my iPhone. I forgot to bring my 'real' (and seemingly less cool) regular camera so I just used the one on my phone. For being from my phone...I was pretty impressed with them too! :) And thanks! :)

Janelle - We absolutely LOVE geocaching! We've been out of the rhythm for awhile but are trying to get back into it. We love it because it's cheap, mostly easy (although some of the hides are difficult to find) and we end up learning some cool stuff along the way! You should give it a try...I'm sure your boys would just adore a good 'treasure hunt'! :)