15 July 2010

Tre's 'Big Lebowski' Birthday

Last year was Tre's 30th birthday, but we were mildly distracted with Babywatch 2009 and waiting for the newest member of our family to join us, so we didn't have a proper blow-out party that is worthy of a third decade of life celebration.

So, this year we had a big party!

With a "Big Lebowski' theme. For those that have seen the movie...you know what I'm talking about. For those that have not seen the movie, all you really need to know is that there are some crazy characters, some bowling and the drink of choice is a White Russian.

So, we requested people dress up as their favorite character while we bowled and then afterwards we would celebrate our bowling accomplishments with a BBQ. We all had a lot of fun and I think the birthday boy especially.

I mean, if THIS isn't a happy face, what is?


Some party photos:

fresh lanes



Our friend Brian, aka Jesus

The Lebowski Bowling League
(back row from L: Tre as Walter, Joy as Maude, Brian as Jesus, Mike as The Dude, Andy as Donnie, front row from left: Michelle as a nihilist, Paige as Walter)

Tre rollin'

A few friends from Tre's crew at the firestation

Group shot of all the bowlers

1 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Genius! I LOVE planning birthday parties, especially for people whom I love on a special occasion. And I especially love when friends & family get in on the spirit of the party! Good job and Happy Birthday to Tre!