27 September 2009

magnolia

Nope. Not the neighborhood in Seattle.

And it's not the tree/flower.


Well. A frog fell from the sky tonight.

Seriously.
If it didn't fall from the sky above, I have no idea where it came from.

Tre came rushing in the house, dug around in our plastic container drawer and rushed back out the door...giddy and oddly excited. Usually this action is followed by his return with a goosebump inducing giant arachnid in said plastic container. Ewww!

But tonight it was a frog.

?!? I know, right?

Tre said he was getting out of his car when said frog landed on his windshield.

UH.

So, after capturing Mr. Frog in the plastic container, punching holes in it so it could breathe and catching and feeding it a mosquito, I convinced Tre that we needed to return our new found amphibian friend to his 'natural habitat'. We drove down the road a couple miles to an area with two swampy lakes (Smith and Bybee) and released our friendly croaker back into his native home.

Well, I assume it was his native home. I guess I just can't imagine why a frog would choose to live in a tree rather than by murky waters with tons of bugs to eat and water to play in.

At any rate, I feel like we have done the animal kingdom a favor and have spread goodwill to tiny frogs everywhere.

Live long and prosper, tiny aquatic friend!


Mr. Frog...quite a big fella, really!

Mr. Frog's underbelly

Tre, releasing our friend into the wild.


Can you spot our camouflaged friend?


1 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh how Wes would LOVE it if a frog fell on our car! I also love the new photo on your blog. You guys are all way too adorable!