Ok, so I've left the pathetic self-pity of the last post behind...

39 weeks prego
~I'm GBS+ so that means I'll have to get to the hospital at least 4 hours before delivery to get 2 doses of antibiotics. I was pretty bummed about this at first because I wanted to spend the majority of my time laboring at home and had requested to not have an IV...but things change...so we'll just aim to get to the hospital a little earlier than previously planned.
~My friend Carrie (who used to be a doula and is now a rockin' Labor & Delivery nurse and who will be attending the birth) came over last weekend and she and Tre did a belly cast of my belly greatness. It was SO much fun and now I have a permanent reminder of just how large I was at 38 weeks. Crazy! It's one thing to constantly look down at your belly or catch glimpses of yourself in the mirror but it's another to behold your belly in front of you...a life-sized tangible image. I think we'll smooth out the rough parts of the casting, prime it and then have a henna artist decorate it before applying a topcoat to seal it. Not sure if we'll actually display it or if it will just be something that is kept as a memento, but I'm SOOO glad we did it! (Not sure I'm going to post pics of this seeing as we did the full torso, not just the belly. I'm glad to share with those of you that want to see it...but not feeling the need to post it on the web for all who lurk!)
~I've gained 13 pounds total during this pregnancy. And yes, I can hear the moans of hatred aimed at me right now. Just remember that those of us that are already pleasantly fluffy to begin with need not gain lots of weight. We come pre-packaged to foster life...or so I like to think.
~As of my last check (which was on July 3rd ) I was 1.5-2 cm, 70% effaced, soft and ready. Ready for what, I'm not sure...its' been 10 days since then. Hopefully I've made some additional progress?!? Maybe?
~We received our first shipment of diapers from the diaper service this morning. Tre and I spent 10 minutes folding and stacking 70 soft white cloth diapers for the little one. As soon as I get them neatly placed in the changing table, that will be the final 'to do' for Monkey's arrival.

Our first diaper shipment!

Hubby wielding his mad diaper folding skills! He's a natural!
A neatly folded diaper...can't say the second shipment will be folded as neatly, but we're starting out well...
70 neatly folded diapers...makes my Type A personality just twitterpated!
~Upon waking up this morning I have noted an increasingly nagging lower backache. This could be due to the fact that I dosed myself with Benadryl again last night and had (for me) the sleep of the Gods and I could have been in a weird position the whole time OR it really is the 'start' of something. I guess time will tell. I'm trying not to play the 'what if' game...but what if this is it?!? Hmm.
And I want to give a shout out to my birthday boy!
My wonderful hubby entered this world 30 years ago yesterday!
I'm so grateful for his life, for the wonderful husband and friend he is and the amazing father I know he will be.
An older pic of hubby, but he does love his fishing...or shovel nose shark catching, as it were!
3 comments:
wow! that is a lot of diapers! how does the diaper service work? do they laundry them too? i have a handful of cloth diapers, and use them at home sometimes, but have just mostly enjoyed the disposables...
i love your little blip about your weight gain. us with padding definitely don't need to gain too much! and that was a wonderful way of putting it leigh!
i hope your baby comes soon, my first started with lower back pain, so heres hoping its the same with you and the pitter patter of little feet is sooner than later!
It is a lot of diapers...supposedly newborns go through that many in a week...or more! Crazy!
The service is great! They drop off fresh diapers once a week and take the old soiled ones away. We don't even have to rinse them (although I will just because it goes against my nature not to), plop them in the bucket and leave them outside for pick-up once a week. Bliss!
We've ordered the diaper service for the first month when we've heard it's the most challenging and then we'll decide whether to keep it or start laundering ourselves!
that sounds great leigh! i am slightly jealous!! i should say that i am actually expecting again...and due in nov. i would give anything for a diaper service!!
Post a Comment